HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course
Celebrate our 30th anniversary with a discount on your course fee
Course available any time!
Enrol & Book your practical session and receive your online workbook
Complete the online learning and assessment questions successfully
Then attend a one day practical workshop (weekend workshops available!)
Receive your Certificate the same day with successful completion of both the online and practical assessments
Who should complete the HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course?
Every able bodied adult!
First Aid is not just an essential qualification for all health care providers, but it’s also an important life-saving skill for any other person whether you are a teacher, an employee or an employer, community leader or a parent.
- We have over 25 years of experience in this field
- Founded by a medical doctor with a passion for training others
- Our teachers are experts with the necessary experience
- We are caring and supportive
- We run classes during weekends for busy people!
What does the course cover?
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
This nationally recognized course (Unit of competency) provides you with essential skills and knowledge to perform First Aid including:
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult and infant
- appropriate response in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managing an unconscious breathing casualty
- single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- following the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- visual and verbal assessment of a casualty
- safe manual handling techniques
- post-incident debrief and evaluation
- how to provide an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
Apply first aid procedures for the following situations:
- allergic reaction
- bleeding control
- choking and airway obstruction
- envenomation for snake bites, using pressure immobilisation
- fractures, sprains and strains, using arm slings, roller bandages or other appropriate immobilisation techniques
- Spider bites,
- respiratory distress, including asthma
And you might like to know …
- Your Provide First Aid qualification needs to be renewed every three (3) years to remain current.
– The CPR component of the course will need to be updated annually for you to keep your certification current.
- Your qualification is nationally recognised (Australia wide) through the Australian Qualification Framework.
- Monitored and regulated by Australian Skills Qualification Authority, the government regulator of the Vocational Education and Training Sector.
- The course may be recognised as a continuous professional development activity by your professional body or Association. Please contact them directly.
- It is an essential requirement for many health workers and some educators and in many workplaces.
Next Available Session Times:
- 27th of March at 9am-3pm in South Lake